FREE CLASSES START AUGUST 15!
This fall, The Cliff Jordan Education Center at The Tillman House will have brand new FREE classes, starting in August!
The following classes will be offered at Tillman:
Bible Study with Pastor Joey:
- Beginning Tuesday, August 16 10:30 am-12pm, we will dive into Adam Hamilton's book, Christianity's Family Tree: What Other Christians Believe and Why. The study will last 8 weeks, and will meet every Tuesday, from 10:30am-12pm. Come join us at the Cliff Jordan Continuing Education Center at the Tillman House and see what this book is all about! The class is free, but love offerings are always appreciated.
- Register using this link: https://www.signupgenius.com/go/9040E49A8A722A5FA7-what
- Students MUST register so we know to order a book for you.
Financial Basics (in english) with Jogn Leyting:
- This class will meet every Thursday at 7pm, starting August 18th. Join us at the Cliff Jordan Continuing Education Center at the Tillman House to learn ALL about the basics of finance.
- We will learn about: banking basics (checking accounts, savings accounts, loans, taxes), mortgage (home buying) & escrow, apartment rental agreements, car purchase vs car lease, health insurance (medical, dental vision, Medicare, Medicaid), life insurance, other insurance (short-term disability, long-term disability, long-term care), and retirement.
- To register, follow this link: https://www.signupgenius.com/go/9040E49A8A722A5FA7-financial3
ESL CLASSES---> (FOUR LEVELS)
Student Evaluation and Class Registration: Let us help you select the right level class for you!
- Tuesday, August 9, from 6:30pm-8:00pm
- Thursday, August 11, from 6:30pm-8:00pm
- To register, follow this link: https://www.signupgenius.com/go/9040e49a8a722a5fa7-english21
- To request an online evaluation, follow this link: https://www.signupgenius.com/go/9040E49A8A722A5FA7-english22
English as a Second or Other Language--> Before the Basics Level with Kristen Cauwenberghs and Donna Jordan:
- This course covers the Pre-Basic ESL Learning. It develops reading and writing readiness skills by focusing on letter formation, the conventions of writing in English, and the connection between written and spoken language. In addition, it has activities that focus on key words and sentences.
- We will meet every Monday at 7pm, beginning August 15th.
- To register, follow this link: https://www.signupgenius.com/go/9040E49A8A722A5FA7-english24
English as a Second or Other Language--> Basic Level with Julie Lischer:
- Students receive a free class workbook and homework book. Materials include QR codes for at-home reinforcement. 1.5 hour class covers a different topic-focused unit. Designed for adult students with very little previous English training and a very limited vocabulary.
- We will meet every Thursday at 7pm, beginning August 18th
- To register, follow this link: https://www.signupgenius.com/go/9040E49A8A722A5FA7-english20
English as a Second or Other Language--> Level 1 with Avery Smith:
- This course develops reading and writing readiness skills. Students understand more complex speech but still require repetition. During the level language skills are adequate for most day-to-day communication needs. Students may understand words with multiple meanings, and they communicate in English very well.
- We will meet Wednesdays at 7pm, beginning August 17th
- To register, follow this link: https://www.signupgenius.com/go/9040E49A8A722A5FA7-english23
English as a Second or Other Language---> Level 2 with Lisa Morgan:
- This course covers the Advanced ESL Learning. At this level, students’ language skills are adequate for most day-to-day communication needs. Level 4 students may understand and use some idioms, figures of speech, and words with multiple meanings. They communicate in English in new or unfamiliar settings, and learn to structure and abstract academic concepts.
- We will meet Tuesdays at 7pm, starting August 16th
- To register, follow this link: https://www.signupgenius.com/go/9040E49A8A722A5FA7-english19